Introduction to Sportsbook Apps
Sportsbook betting apps have been around for over a decade in some form; however, in the United States, betting apps have only been available for a few years (and in some states, only a few short months).
Since the legalization of betting apps in the states, their popularity has soared as the need for making your way down to an in-house betting venue has all but diminished.
List of Top Sportsbook Apps
Unibet is one of the longest standing sports betting apps in the world, featuring a huge assortment of sports and events to bet on from a huge variety of genres they have stood the test of time and proven that they are one of the best and most trusted sportsbooks in the entire world.
Though they are not available in as many states as some of the other sports book app, one of the biggest benefits that Unibet has is that it is in almost every country in the world where betting is legal, meaning if you want to travel, you will have no issues placing a bet.
Bet365 is the oldest long-standing betting site in the world, being older than both the internet and the mobile phone! Needless to say they know what they are doing when it comes to building something that works in every aspect.
The Bet365 app is superfast, simple, and full of handy little tools and functions, enough to make almost any punter happy.
Originally starting as a production company called MGM, the betting giant moved into the gambling scene building its first casino in Las Vegas in 1973, since that time they have grown from strength to strength, resulting in the creation of BetMGM in 2018.
Benefits of the BetMGM are somewhat exhaustive, however, some of the things we love the most from BetMGM are as follows:
- Excellent range of promotions and bonuses
- Plenty of states available
- Great range of Sports available
Caesars Sportsbook began its origins as a casino in the heart of Las Vegas way back in 1966 before turining its focus to Sports Betting in April 2020 after acquiring William Hill.
One of the things we like most about the Caesars app is the impeccable detail they have put into ensuring the mobile app is one of the best on the market, adding to that is the fantastic range of promotions and bonus features they have avaiulable and they have made of the the best sports betting sites and apps available in the United States.
Known as one of the biggest daily fantasy sports platforms in America, DraftKings first launched in 2012 and has since grown to enormous popularity.
Now offering sports betting in most legal states, the DraftKings betting app is home to an excellent range of exclusive bonuses and promotions updated daily and excellent betting app designed to suit both fantasy sports players and sports bettors.
Part of the Flutter Entertainment group, Fanduel is one of the biggest and most well-known sports betting platforms in America and is known for redefining the fantasy sports industry.
With a fantastic range of daily and evergreen promotions, a user-friendly mobile app, and a huge range of available states. there is no surprise why FanDuel is one of the most recognized betting apps in the United States.
Hailing from Australia, Pointsbet rose to fame incredibly fast, swiftly making its way into the U.S once states began legalizing betting.
Now owned by the “Fanatics” group (owned by Jay-Z) Pointsbet America will no doubt grow expotentially over the next few years.
With excellent bonuses, promotions, and an easy-to-use app, Pointsbet is one of our favorites.
Features to Look for in a Top Sportsbook App
Since there are so many betting apps available from sportsbooks, it’s essential to know what to look for in a good sports betting app. Below, we have highlighted some of the most critical factors to look out for in a good-quality betting app.
- User-friendly interface
- Wide range of betting options
- Live-streaming capabilities (preferred but not a requirement)
- Secure payment methods (Mastercard, Visa, etc.)
- Prompt customer service (live chat preferred)
Advantages of Using Sportsbook Apps
There are many advantages to using a sports betting app over a local betting venue or within a casino. We have listed some of the most important reasons below.
- Convenience of placing bets anywhere, anytime. (with betting apps, you can spend several hours scrolling through the information available or place a quick bet on the fly.)
- Access to real-time odds and updates. (Betting apps are continually updated with real-time odds to ensure you get the most up-to-date information.)
- Exclusive app promotions and bonuses (apps have exclusive bonuses and promotions available to their customers who sign up to their betting sites; take a look at our promotions page to see all promotions currently available.)
- Ability to track bets and history directly on the app.
How to Choose the Right Sportsbook App
Choosing the right betting app also means choosing the right sportsbook; some apps look pretty to draw you in, but they offer fewer options than some of the less fancy-looking apps that have been around for years.
- Factors to consider: licensing, reviews, sports coverage, and promotional offers.
- Importance of security and encryption in the app. (most apps generally come with full security encryption these days; however, it is one of the most important things to check for when looking for a legitimate betting app.)
- User experience and interface design. (what might be the most functional for someone else might not be the most user-friendly app design for you, it is worthwhile having a play around on a few different recommended sites to see which ones work best for you.)
Getting Started with Sportsbook Apps
Once you have decided on a sportsbook app, the rest of the process is pretty straightforward; downloading the app is simple enough; however, we strongly suggest clicking on the secure links on our site that will bring you directly to the site and ensure the promotions or bonuses you have selected are accessible.
- Go to the Promotions page.
- Select the Sportsbook promotion that you wish to use.
- Fill in your details.
- Click on the “Google Play” or “App Store Button” depending on which device you are using (Google Play for Android or App Store for iPhone)
- Once the app has been downloaded, simply fill in your login details, and you will be directed to your account to start betting.
Depositing and Withdrawing Money
Depositing and withdrawing money is pretty simple with most betting apps; below, we will walk you through the steps so you understand.
To deposit funds into your account, make your way to the balance section of the app (this can usually be found in the top right corner of the screen), then follow the prompts to add funds to your account.
To withdraw money from your account can be trickier depending on the sports betting app you are using. To withdraw funds, you will need to make your way to the account section, which can usually also be found in the “Balance” section; from here, you can choose which process you want your funds to be withdrawn by.
Tips for First-Time Users
For first-time users, trying to find your way around a betting app can be a little bit tricky; the best thing we can suggest to you is to take your time and spend a good half hour working your way through each section of the site that you are interested in.
For example, if you like the NBA and NFL, jump into the sports section and familiarize yourself with their locations, then work your way through each area so you know what is available on the specific app you are using; this is important, especially if you are using multiple betting apps from different providers.
Responsible Betting with Sportsbook Apps
- The better apps that are on the market give you the option to set betting limits while setting up your account, as enticing as it is to skip this part we strongly recommend choosing a limit; there is nothing worse than waking up hungover on a Sunday to find out you bet a couple of hundred extra that you were able to on a Saturday night.
- All legal betting states have information and contact details for service providers. If you believe you have a gambling problem, you can find access to all of this information simply by typing “[STATE] gambling help” into your search directory.
The Future of Mobile Betting
Mobile betting has come a long way since its inception, way back at the beginning of sportsbooks coming online. Initially, all online sports betting was done directly through logging into the sports betting website; however, thanks to the progression of digital technology, we have been blessed with apps.
With artificial intelligence making its way into almost every aspect of the digital world, it has come as no surprise that it has also made its way into the betting world; though still in its infancy, we can expect to see big things in the betting world as AI embeds itself into the future of betting.